What equipment do I need for a match?
IDPA is a handgun-centric shooting sport based on simulated self-defense scenarios. Participation in IDPA matches requires the use of handguns, holsters and other equipment suitable for concealed carry self-defense.
Shooters will need:
- An IDPA legal firearm. (A semi-automatic pistol, double action revolver, or pistol caliber carbine revolver.)
- An IDPA Legal belt.
- Appropriate ammunition feeding devices (speed loaders/moonclips or magazines)
- Ammuntion carriers (magazine pouches or speed loader holders) View
- Ammunition suitable for your firearm.
- IDPA legal holster. View
- Concealment garment. View
- Ear protection.
- Eye protection.
For more information, consult Section 8 of the Rulebook. Download a pdf of the rulebook here.