How do I sign up for the IDPA National Championship or World Championship match?
Early every summer IDPA HQ will put the match information and application online. Each national or world championship match is limited to a set number of participants and spots are awarded to the number of points the shooter has accumulated. Points are awarded from June 1 through May 31 of the next year. For the 2021 IDPA National Championship match, points will be carried over from the 2019-2020 shooting season, meaning that points accumulated from June 1, 2019, through May 31, 2021, will be used to determine eligibility for the match.
Points are awarded based on participation at sanctioned matches, using the following system:
- Tier 2 matches are worth 1 point
- Tier 3 matches are worth 2 points
- Tier 4 matches are worth 3 points
- Tier 5 matches (Worlds, US and Indoor Nationals only) are worth 4 points
- Match Directors of sanctioned matches earn 1 point
- Club contacts listed on the IDPA website as of May 31, 2021, will earn 1 point
The IDPA National and World Championship matches are open to current IDPA members with a classification of Marksman or higher.
For any additional questions about the process, please contact your Area Coordinator.